Personal Data You Provide
Your privacy is important to us. By providing personal information such as your name and e-mail address via the forms on this website, you agree to us contacting you with regard to the information provided.
Some forms on our website also include a check box asking you for permission to add you to our mailing list. This is an opt-in mailing list and your personal information will be used solely by us (and all such emails include a link for opt-out).
Upon use of our site we record certain data:
- Information about how you use our site
Upon use of our Client Forms we record the following:
- Firm Name
- Enquiry Type
- How you heard about us
Upon use of our Expert Form we record the following:
- Qualification Year
- Specialist Area
- Location Description
How We Use Your Personal Data
We use the data you provide via this website to:
- communicate with you, for example: we use contact details such as email address or phone number when responding to enquiries made via online forms
- operate our business more effectively, for example: we seek feedback and use this to help improve our service
We retain site visitor records for 90 days.
- As a data subject, you have rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and our use of personal data have been designed to uphold.
- If you wish to exercise any of the rights please contact us using the email address provided.
- We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Our “Lawful Reasons” For Processing Your Personal Data
The “General Data Protection Regulation” (GDPR) is the primary piece of legislation defining your rights over our processing of your personal information. The GDPR requires us to declare which of six “lawful reasons” we are relying on when we are processing your personal data: we operate on the basis of “consent” when sending newsletters (you won’t get sent a newsletter unless you have explicitly opted in to receive one)…. and we operate on the basis of “legitimate interest” when communicating with you in other ways (e.g. when responding to your enquiry).
How Long We Keep Personal Data
Personal data may be stored by the website for a period of up to 90 days after which time it is removed automatically.
Transfer of Personal Data
From time to time we may pass personal data such as your name and email address to other services that we use to send out newsletters and other communications (both electronic and print). However, your personal data will remain in the EU or countries considered by the EU to have equivalent policies such as Jersey, Guernsey, Switzerland, New Zealand and Canada. Companies based in the USA that have certified with the EU-US Privacy Shield programme are also considered to be permitted destinations by the EU (this includes popular US products like Gmail, DropBox and MailChimp).
Questions or Complaints
In the first instance we hope you will contact us directly with any questions or complaints (contact details are displayed prominently on this website).